Sunday, March 30, 2014

Jewelry making with the help of Sizzix

So, I've posted multiple projects using my Sizzix dies and products. But did you know you can also use them to make jewelry!? If you follow me on Instagram you already know I've spent the day making jewelry. And, I had to share my last piece of the day with you here!

I used my Big Shot and Vintaj products from Sizzix to make this!!
  

Handmade charms like this are super easy thanks to Sizzix and Vintaj!
I began by placing the Vintaj Vintage Embroidery Deco Etch die on my Big Shot platform. Then I placed a Vintaj brass blank on it. I added the top plate and ran it through the machine.


 This is the result:


Now, a little sanding and polishing with the Metal Reliefing Block and it goes from blank brass circle to gorgeous charm:


I added a little color with my Clearsnap Caribbean Surfacez ink:


Add it to a Vintaj chain along with plain and wire wrapped beads and there you have it!
  


Find Me Here:






2 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the antique look of your charm! Pretty beads too! I used to 'bead' a lot before I found stamping...but perhaps it's time to go back and create some more jewelry. TFS!

Judy Woodland said...

Love, love, love that charm. And what fun to do it with your Big Shot!!! I, too, have done a lot of beading. But not lately as my card making has been taking up all my time. Now you have inspired me - where'd I put my beading supplies?